IT / IP / Telecommunications
The information technology team (“IT”) at Weir & Associates has specialized experience to satisfy evolving clients’ needs for legal service related to IT and telecommunications industries. Our client base consists of businesses presently developing, supplying or acquiring computer or telecommunications systems and software.
We provide a comprehensive range of legal services:
- Advising on developments in IT law affecting clients' operations and business practices;
- Reviewing IT aspects in acquisitions and disposals of companies;
- Advising on marketing of products and services without infringements of intellectual property or contractual rights;
- Drafting documents to support projects for provision of software and/or hardware;
- Preparing or reviewing contracts such as software licensing and distribution agreements, co-branding agreements and web development contracts;
- Advising on protection of intellectual property aspects of software, hardware and systems;
- Advising on transfer or assignment of hardware, software and source codes, including escrow arrangements;
- Compiling facilities management, outsourcing and ASP agreements;
- Advising on data protection issues;
- Advising on telecom licensing applications;
- Preparing cellular physical site licenses;
- Drafting technical services agreements, traffic termination agreements etc;
- Implementing dispute resolution, employment contracts and regulatory compliance.