Weir & Associates represents clients in a wide range of commercial litigation matters. Our experience includes:
- Antitrust and trade regulation;
- Commercial contract disputes;
- Debt recovery;
- Employment and pension benefits;
- Estate Litigation;
- Insurance and reinsurance;
- Intellectual property;
- Major construction disputes;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Products liability and tort;
- Trust litigation;
- White collar criminal defense.
We believe litigation is not an end in itself, but a process which should be approached with a view that leads to a prompt and economically sensible resolution of a dispute. While not shying away from an inevitable confrontation, we seek all alternatives to litigation before proceeding to court; our main objective is to ensure the process is cost effective for our clients. Generally, we will provide a preliminary assessment of the case and then advise the client as to the best course of action, including settlement options and appropriate forums for resolving disputes. Accordingly, our solicitors have substantial experience in commercial litigation resolved by mediation, arbitrations and where necessary, by the courts.